Monday, July 25, 2011

Typos and Twitter Fiends (Silkscreen Process)

I recently printed a 5 layer silkscreen, only to be informed by a twitter follower (Thanks Nuria!) of my literary agent Steven Malk, that there was a typo…so I had to go back and print a layer of white to knock out the offending misprint and then go back in with an additional layer of pink to make it right. 7 layers for the price of 5…very annoying, but I’m glad it was caught before I sold any and sent them out into the world. See the pictures below: 



First Screen burned:
 


Metallic silver printed:


Transparent blue:


Transparent magenta


Transparent yellow:


Black:


The typo in “nurseries”:



A layer of white to cover up:


Another layer of pink to fix:


Ready to be cut down and signed…sorry for the phone photos:



The prints will go up for sale tomorrow…stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment